Microbiological Safety Cabinets (MSC) are HEPA filtered enclosures, frequently used in laboratories to provide protection of:
- Operators using the MSC
- Internal environment including the product itself
- External environment/the wider laboratory.
It is imperative that microbiological safety cabinets are annually tested and validated to ensure that they are safe to use and compliant with BS EN 12469:2000. Whether you have a Class I, Class II or Class III cabinet, Crowthorne can provide servicing and performance testing using externally calibrated equipment.
Our specialist engineers can carry out various performance and safety tests as part of a routine service contract or ad-hoc service visit. Available tests include:
- In situ HEPA filter leak integrity test
- Operator/product protection test using KI-Discus
- Airborne particle counting
- Pre-filter inspection and replacement (if required)
- Operational checks of all switches, outlets, air flow indicators, pressure gauges, warning systems and speed control
- Airflow velocities check
- Light and noise levels check.
In addition to microbiological safety cabinets, our engineers can service and maintain:
- Laminar flow clean work benches
- PCR workstations
- Ducted fume cupboards
- Recirculating fume cabinets
- LEV systems.
Frequency of Service
We recommend all safety cabinets are serviced annually as a minimum to ensure they are performing as they were designed to. However, when a microbiological safety cabinet is in a containment Level 3 or 4 (CL3/CL4) laboratory and therefore working with HG3 or HG4 biological agents, the Advisory Committee on Dangerous Pathogens (ACDP) advises to test the performance of the MSC at six monthly intervals.
Unsure if your equipment requires a service? Get in touch and let us advise.
Repairs and Replacement Parts
Crowthorne work closely with all Microbiological Safety Cabinet manufacturers so we can easily source any replacement parts to have your cabinet working safely as soon as possible.